Dakota

Dakota
HITTING THE TRAIL

Monday, January 4, 2010

Escapades of the Soul (part 1)

Life is meant to be lived to the fullest. Each unique individual has certain activities that make them love life. As for me, well my escapades don't center around one thing in particular but rather a variety of adventures. A friend once told me everyone should "fall in love several times a day"; meaning we should fall in love with sights, sounds, feelings, smells, nature, cultures, people, etc... Just relax and let yourself fall in love with the world around you. People are very dynamic individuals and have several sides to their personality that provoke a varitey of exploits.


One of my many escapades is art in its abundant forms. Photography, drawing, scrapbooking, crafting, ect... As of late, my main form of art is photography. I keep a camera near me at all times and as a backup I have my phone. You don't need a $1000.00 camera to take good photos, all you need is a steady hand, a keen eye, and your own unique perception of art. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but ultimately its what you like and what you think of your work that matters.     
There is an artistic person in each and everyone one of us, to some extent. Yes its true that the artistic side of some people is buried deep down under layers of other interests, but to each their own and do what makes you happy :0)

1 comment:

  1. hi...i love you and miss you every day. I wish we had time together like we used to. I hope all is going well back home. :D

    ReplyDelete